Department of Health from the Australian governmental body released a quick guide on Face Shield usage and benefits based on their research and analyses in correlation to COVID-19.
- When worn together with a properly fitted surgical mask, face shields offer protection from contamination to others, as well as to the wearer.
- Where face masks are not available, face shields may be used as an alternative. Face shields offer some advantages and limitations.
- Droplet protection directly in front of the wearer (but not to the sides or underneath the shield).
- The wearer’s face and facial expressions can be seen, which may be important when caring for some residents.
- Some types of face shields may be cleaned, disinfected, and reused (depending on the manufacturer’s instructions).
- Provide eye protection that a surgical mask cannot give.
Download quick guide at: Health.gov.au